Monday, May 7, 2012

Prize of My Heart

Prize of My Heart is written by Lisa Norato and published by Bethany House.

Captain Brogan Talvis is in search of his son. Searching has consumed him for years and now he is looking right into the boys’ eyes! What comes after is the heart of the story. Lorena Huntley is not sure why but she finds herself wanting to spend more time with the Captain. As the story continues you find these two characters bonding over the young boy, Drew. This story is definitely more of an adventure then a romance. There is even a kidnapping and house fire!

I enjoyed the story but wish the romance had been more predominate. There is a connection between the two main characters but the central story is about the Captains life. I thought the author did a great job of bringing together the past and resolving all questions that were brought up during the story. The development of the relationship between the Captain and his son was well written and realistic. I even enjoyed the character of Lorena, and felt like the author developed her well as a strong women although a little naive!

I enjoyed the adventure in this book and gave it a 4/5 stars. The lower rating is only because I felt like the romance could have been more of an exciting and intricate part of the story.

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment