Monday, May 7, 2012

Before the Scarlet Dawn

Before the Scarlet Dawn is written by Rita Gerlach and is published by Abingdon Press.

This book is the first in a new series called Daughters of the Potomac. The year is 1775 and the story follows Eliza Bloome. Her life is changed when she and Hayward Morgan decide they must go to America to get away from a troubling situation in England.

The story does not end in this book. This series is one that continues from one book to another. That is not to say you will not enjoy the story but just know going into it that the story is not over when the book is. The story itself flows well and the characters are all intriguing. The circumstances in the book vary and even include the Revolutionary War.

I did have some issues with the book and that is why I only gave it a 4/5 stars. The main character, Eliza is confusing. She says one thing and then turns around and does different then what she said. She is not a well-developed character. The character is not one I could get behind and cheer for, which is important when that character is the main one the story is about! Still the story kept me entertained and I will be reading the next book in the series to see what happens with all the characters.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment