Friday, January 20, 2012

Newest Book by Elizabeth George!

This book is being released on February 1, 2012.

Elizabeth George had done it again! Another great book for women, especially Moms. A Mom After God’s Own Heart Devotional is filled with short devotionals to encourage you on your journey to be a better Mom.

From ways to encourage your children to learning to pray for them everyday, each page contains helpful ways to grow as a Mom. She also explains how important your marriage relationship is to having a happy home life. Keeping your marriage healthy will lead to less stress and therefore more time to concentrate on your children’s well being. My favorite part is her comment that even Grandmothers can learn from this book. She stresses that it is never too late to start improving your relationship with your children and their children!

Each devotional is a page long and contains the scripture she is expounding on. The devotionals are short enough you can read them quickly. Of course if you have more time you can read more then one or spend some time reading extra scriptures relating to the topic discussed. Each devotional is also filled with examples from her life and Biblical families. These examples fit well with each topic and really highlight the principle she is teaching.

I would highly recommend this book. I think it would be a great book to give as a gift to any Mom or Grandmother.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based solely on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment