Monday, January 23, 2012

Review for the historical romance Belonging written by Robin Lee Hatcher

I really enjoyed this romance. Belonging, by Robin Lee Hatcher, is set in Idaho in the late 1800’s. It is about a new teacher coming to town. As Felicia Brennan Kristoffersen steps off the stage she meets the families that change her life. The families that greet her are welcoming and that helps her want to start teaching the children right away. She is excited to have this job as the teacher. She is especially excited to be on her own. What is most surprising is her attraction to one of her students’ father. What makes it even harder is she is staying in the cottage in his back yard!

Colin Murphy is not that excited about this new teacher. He has found that the single teachers tend to only stay until they find a husband! He is worried his daughter, Charity, will become too attached to her as she will be living in the cottage behind their home. As time progresses and he spends time with Felicia he finds he is becoming attached to her just as much as Charity is. Since his wife passed away he has not wanted to fall in love but is finding himself thinking of the new teacher a lot!

Following their love story is an adventure. The characters feel like real people. Their emotions and words are believable. I liked how it flowed well and moved quickly. Overall it was a fun read and I would recommend it to anyone who likes Christian historical romances.

I gave this book a 5/5 stars.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment