Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Review for Best Friends with God

Best Friends with God uses stories from the Bible to help illustrate principles that will help you in your relationship with the Savior.

Each of the chapters in this book highlight a story found in Bible. The first uses the text of Luke 24. This is the story of Jesus walking with two men and answering questions for them. They don’t realize He is the risen Lord until the end. The author, Christy Bower, does an excellent job of making this read like a story. The extra information given is very enlightening. Each chapter ends with questions to further your study on the topic discussed.

I enjoyed each chapter and felt they were all informative and had lessons Christians could learn from. My favorite chapter was the one about the prodigal son. This chapter discusses different bad attitudes that can affect our relationship with the Lord. You will learn ways to help keep those attitudes in check. I actually read this chapter twice as there was so many great principles taught there.

The book as a whole was informative and easy to read. The only negative I had was the author’s use of a lot of personal experiences throughout the book. I would have enjoyed hearing about others who have experienced the difficulties discussed not just the authors every time. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to understand how to have a better personal relationship with the Savior.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based solely on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment