Thursday, January 19, 2012

Review for the new book Growing Together as a Couple

Growing Together as a Couple by Brian and Cheryl Brodersen is a book about ways to make your marriage a lasting one. The tips they give you are easy to follow and remember. The chapters are divided into E Principles. Two of them are Eliminate Unhealthy Expectations and Endure By Standing Together in Faith.

In Eliminate Unhealthy Expectations you will learn that no one is alike and that is a good thing. Imagine how boring it would be if your marriage was only filled with your ideas. I liked how the authors used their marriage experiences as well as others in sharing ways to change your expectations. The healthy expectations listed and talked about were very helpful.

In the Endure By Standing Together in Faith chapter they give great advice on treasuring your relationship as a gift not an obligation. They show how, apart from Jesus, your marriage is the most intimate and deepest relationship you should have. I also liked how they said to be sure to self examine and not just think about your spouse while reading this book!

This book was not preachy and was very informative and helpful. Each chapter is written in a loving and open way and definitely not condemning or legalistic in nature. Overall a great book on growing together in your marriage.

I gave this book 5/5 stars!
 
 
I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based solely on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment