Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A great book for Christian teenage girls to read

Addison Blakely: Confessions of a PK is written by Betsy St. Amant. This book is excellent and I will be sure to pick up and read any book written by her!

The story is about a sixteen-year-old girl who is a pastor’s daughter. Addison Blakely is not sure where she fits in or if she likes being a PK, preacher’s kid. When motorcycle riding Wes Keegan shows up in town it only makes her more confused about what she really wants in life. Will she follow the beliefs she has been taught her whole life or will she step away and try her own ideas?

This is a wonderful book for all Christian teenage girls to read. They will relate to the main character and maybe even learn a few things while enjoying the story. Feeling like others understand what you are going through can be a real encouragement. I will put out a warning that there are some subjects touched upon that parents need to be ready to talk to their daughter about. Subjects like teen drinking, keeping pure, and peer pressure are all addressed. Overall it is a good book and I enjoyed not only the presentation of the characters but also the excellent writing.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment