Friday, March 2, 2012

I really enjoyed this book set on the Titanic

By The Light Of The Silvery Moon, written by Tricia Goyer, is a story set on the majestic ship, the Titanic.

Amelia Gladstone is ready for a quiet trip across the ocean on a newly built ocean liner. She is expecting to land in America and meet a young man she has been exchanging letters with for months. When she finds herself with an extra ticket she gives it to a man she helps on the loading docs. This chance encounter changes her life and the life of many others.

Quentin Walpole has spent the last few years leading a very hard life and is looking for a new start. He accepts the free ticket in hopes that he can start over back in his home country, America. The voyage across the ocean is not as calm as he had hoped but the results are forgiveness and a new love.

The story takes place on the fated ocean liner the Titanic. The majority of the story takes place before the horrible crash into the iceberg. The plot is well written and moves along quickly. The message of forgiveness is found throughout the story and is an intricate part of it. I like how the characters developed and their personalities were believable. The descriptions of the different locations on the Titanic were given in great detail. The moments during and after the hitting of the iceberg were written so well you would think it was a first hand account.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I liked the interaction of the main characters. I liked the romance and how it developed. I especially liked how all the story lines were wrapped up in the end. I can not say a negative thing about this book. If I could give it more then 5/5 stars I would! Read it and I know you will enjoy it too!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment