Thursday, February 16, 2012

Want to succeed? This book has great tips for women!

Successful Women Think Differently, written by Valorie Burton, is filled with helpful information on how a woman can feel successful in all of her ventures. The subtitle, 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier, and More Resilient, accurately describes the content found here.

I learned so much from this book. I highlighted so many paragraphs I think each page had at least one underlined section! There are a couple principles that really stood out. My top pick was learning that what you consider being successful will not be the same as what any other woman will think is success. You can’t compare yourself to others and what they have succeeded in doing; you should only look at what you want to succeed at. Learning this will help you keep your goal in focus as you work towards your moment of success in whatever area you choose.

Another important principle is learning that excuses are a way for us to justify our lack of progress. Instead of allowing yourself to make these excuses, just do the work! There are great questions throughout this book that will help you focus on what you want to succeed at.

This book is great for anyone struggling with wanting to succeed at something that is important to them. This could be about a marriage, a job, or even a class. If you need some guidance on how to move forward and walk towards succeeding at a task you have been struggling with, this book is perfect. The author writes in a loving and informative manner. You will be encouraged as well as enlightened.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment