Thursday, February 16, 2012

Reviews for two books I recently read...

A Mom’s Ultimate Book of Lists, written by Michelle LaRowe, has over 100 lists to save you time and money. From preparing for a baby, to tips on chores for children, the book was written to make your life easier to manage.
This book has something for every Mom. Do you know how much sleep a toddler needs? What about when to call a doctor or when to treat the fever at home? There is even a list of household poisons to look out for.
I found this book helpful in multiple areas and really feel that all Moms’ should have this on their bookshelves. This is a perfect gift for a new Mom or a Mom of multiple children. Every Mom will find a list that will help them manage their life better.
I gave this book 5/5 stars.


365 Days of Hope, by Julie Walker Mitchell, is a very encouraging book filled with devotionals for each day of the year. The devotions are not very long, only about a paragraph long, and are introduced by a verse. The devotional then expounds on that verse for the day.
The devotionals are all positive in nature and encourage you to be a better follower of Christ. I did at times feel like it was a bit preachy. I don’t think the author was meaning to come across that way but some of the wording seemed more like orders from a teacher then loving suggestions. I still enjoyed the book and thought the author’s insights were great. I would recommend this devotional for anyone who wants a quick devotional to read before heading out to a busy day.
I gave this book 4/5 stars.

I would like to thank ChristianReviewofBooks.com and the publishers for the copies of these books I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment