Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge Book Review

The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge was the best book I have read so far this year. I loved this book so much I will be buying it for my friends and family throughout the year. The best way to describe the book is to say it is a positive look at Biblical principles.

The book, written by Tony Dungy, would be a perfect gift for any young person looking for guidance. It is easy to follow and divided into daily readings that will not take much time to complete. I think it is perfect for family devotions, especially those with teenagers.

Mr. Dungy may be known for coaching football but you are not overwhelmed by football examples in this book. Yes he uses analogies that contain football but even a non-football fan can enjoy reading this book.

Each day starts with a Bible verse and a principle that is going to be talked about. The actual devotion is only a page or two long. The insights of the author are incredible. Each day is filled with very practical advice on numerous subjects.

Two of my favorite pieces of advice from this book were, don’t pat yourself on the back after doing well at something, let someone else do it and you can have influence on others whether you are a champion or a retail clerk. This book was packed with so many great Biblical principles that I will be reading it again!


I gave this book 5/5 stars.
I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based solely on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment