Monday, January 9, 2012

Review for Today

I just finished reading this book and enjoyed every page!

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones is a book about how much words can influence our day to day living. As you read this book you will begin to understand that what you say can really affect another persons view of themselves.

Author Joyce Schneider is a very open writer. The candid examples of her personal struggles make this book a must read. On page 108 she gives the theme for her book, "This is my objective in sharing, that you understand the lies messing with your emotions, you seek help and you receive healing; that your chains will be broken and your heart set free through Jesus!"

From the first chapter you will learn ways to stop repeating the hurtful phrases you say to yourself. Some of the hurtful phrases are ones you create and some are ones you have had spoken to you your whole life. From "you are not worthy to receive love" to "your hair will never look good," these hurtful phrases need to stop. Is there a way to make them stop? The author says the solution is found in Christ. Find out who you are in Him and how He views you. Once you take these wonderful promises to heart you can use them to replace the hurtful views that have taken over your thoughts.

I found this book to be very helpful. I think all of us can benefit from concentrating on how much God loves us and not on all those negative thoughts in our head!

I gave this book 4/5 stars.

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based solely on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment