Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Review of The Invention of Sarah Cummings


The Invention of Sarah Cummings by Olivia Newport
The setting is the best part of this historical book.  The time period is described beautifully.  The clothes of the time are easy to picture with the authors flowing descriptions.  I gave this book 4/5 stars.  Where the descriptions were great the main female character was just not written as a very likable person.  I did not enjoy her and her interactions with those around her.  I did get how the author was trying to show how she changes over the pages but it was hard to like her.  I would recommend this book to someone who is interested in the time period and setting more than the characters.

 

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment