Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Review of Childrens Book Ariel Bradley

Ariel Bradley, Spy for General Washington by Lynda Durrant
Ariel Bradley, Spy For General Washington is written by Lynda Durrant.

This is a well written and easy to understand book about a boy during the Revolutionary War.  The book tells the story of Ariel Bradley and how he went on a spy mission for General Washington.  His mission was to report back to General Washington what he saw at the British camp.  General Washington needed information about the number of troops and the condition of their horses.  This information would help him as he prepared for battle against them.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.  I liked the illustrations.  They were simple yet effective.  I also was thankful for the glossary at the end of the book that listed some of the words in the book that may not be familiar for the young reader.  There were words like icehouse, British redcoats and tri-corned hat.   The story itself has a bit of suspense which will make it enjoyable for all children to read.  I would recommend this book for any child who is interested in history, adventure or just looking for an easy to read chapter book.

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment