Monday, June 10, 2013

Review of Sheltered by Angel's Wings

Sheltered by an Angel's Wings

Although I enjoyed this story, it did take me awhile to get through it as it long.  I gave this book 4/5 stars.  I liked how the story covered a woman’s journey over a few years.  Most books choose one time frame and stick with it but this book carries the story over about seven years.  I also enjoyed that it was in a modern setting.  I thought the author handled the action and intrigue sections of the book very well.  You could feel the pressure the characters were under and could connect with the main characters via the emotions they exhibited. 

As to why the lower rating, I did not like the details in the violent scenes and felt the story was just too long.  There is a particular scene where a dog is killed and the author spent what seemed like a whole page describing it whereas a simple sentence would have sufficed.  I thought there was just too much description and that is why the story was too long.  The book would have been better had there been less description of the violence and an overall cutting back on all descriptions. 

If you are looking for a book about a strong woman character that covers major incidents in her life over a span of years you will enjoy this book!  If you like quick reads and short stories you will not enjoy it.  Overall I enjoyed the story and felt the author did a good job of writing an entertaining story.

I would like to thank the author for a copy of the book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment