Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review of Your Girl


Your Girl:  Raising A Godly Daughter In An Ungodly World is written by Vicki Courtney

I want to start by saying this book is meant for Christian mothers who have a daughter.  I have read other reviews of this book and was a little worried that I would not like it.  Some of the style of writing from the author does come across as condescending.  I do not think the author meant for it too but the book does get a little preachy at times.  If you are not a Christian I do not think her advice will be something you will want to hear, hence the other bad reviews!

I gave this book 4/5 stars.  Although the style of writing was a bit in your face at times if you could read past that there was quite a bit of good information to take away with from this book.  The author’s advice on how to protect your daughter from the influence of magazines and television was helpful.  There were also great steps to get the two of you talking about subjects that might be hard to discuss.  Overall it was a good book that I think all mothers should read.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment