Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review of Home By Dark

Home by Dark (Hqn)

Home By Dark is written by Marta Perry.

Moving back to the place she left would not be easy but Rachel decides it is what is best for her and her daughter.  Her mother-in-law has left her a house to live in and it seems the perfect time to make the change.  Her brother is one of the few people in her familiar Amish community to welcome her back.  He seems upset by something though and that is when the real action of the story begins.  Colin, a friend of Rachel’s late husband, stops by and their relationship is the little bit of romance in this book.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.  It started a little slower then I like for a suspense story.  The minor characters were a little boring and did not really make the story better. All that said I liked the tension between the two main characters, Rachel and Colin.  I liked how the author wrote their conversations and interactions.  It was a decent enough suspense story with some romance thrown in.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment