Friday, January 25, 2013

Review of Colonial Courtships

Colonial Courtships by Laurie Alice Eakes
Colonial Courtships is written by various authors.

This book has four stories that take place in the 1700’s.  It is not a time period I often read about but I was pleasantly surprised at how well the authors described their settings.  I found each story to be thoughtful and the characters likeable.  I really enjoyed the male characters in these stories.  They were all written to be smart and likeable.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.  I liked the time period and the stories were each so different in plot!  The main characters conversations were all well written.  There was one story that dragged a bit; this was due to not enough conversation and too much introspection!  That said I still enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone who likes reading short yet detailed love stories. 

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment