Friday, November 16, 2012

The Bridge, A Book Review

The Bridge: A Novel

 The Bridge is written by Karen Kingsbury.

I liked this book so much I read it in one sitting!  I liked how the author brought the past and the present together in this short but powerful book.   This story reminds me of a Hallmark or Lifetime Christmas movie.  Two people going different directions in their lives all because of a misunderstanding. 

 This story takes place around the flooding that happened in Nashville.  There are actually four main characters and the story centers on their lives.  The title of the book leads you to believe this story is about an actual bridge but it is not.  The book takes place around a bookstore.  The owners, Charlie and Donna, of the store are dealing with issues of rebuilding their lives after the devastating flood destroyed the business they had built.  The long lost loves, Molly and Ryan, are at a point in their lives that meeting can only mean great changes to their current lives paths.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.  I liked what an easy read this was, how well the author did at keeping it interesting and the great ending!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading.  I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment