Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review of Mormonizing of America

Mormonizing of America is written by Stephen Mansfield.

If you like history or want to learn more about the Mormon faith this book is perfect for you. The subtitle is "How the Mormon Religion Became a Dominant Force in Politics, Entertainment, and Pop Culture."

I found this book to be very informative. The author tells the history of the Mormons. It is interesting to read who the first leader was. I especially liked how he showed the influence of Mormons on our culture.

The book was not condescending or putting down of the Mormon faith. I thought the book was open and really just a history of what the religions stands for and what a Mormon believes.

I gave this book 4/5 stars. I liked the book itself and found it educational. I did wish the author had found more Mormons to contribute to the book. If he had some more personal testimonies of what being a Mormon means to an actual Mormon I think it would have given the book more standing.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment