Monday, July 9, 2012

The Guest Book is written by Marybeth Whalen.

The concept of this book is interesting. Communicating with another person by simply drawing a picture in a book. This takes place at a beach house where a girl and a boy draw the pictures. They draw in the guest book at the house. There are some twists and turns along their journey and that is what makes the story interesting.

The main character, Macy, is complex and the author does well at making her intriguing. The other stories that make up the book also entice you to keep reading. I thought the author wrote the story well and concluded it successfully.

The main characters’ relationship really does not develop right away but it makes you keep reading to see what will happen to bring them together. I gave this book 4/5 stars because I thought it was a little choppy in the story telling department so the book did not flow well.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment