Monday, April 9, 2012

Lots of fun characters

The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek is written by Jane Myers Perrine and published by FaithWords.

What a town! With many story lines this book is full and overflowing with characters. I enjoyed how the characters were all intertwined and the stories overlapped. I did not like the slow parts and felt there were parts in the story that were just too wordy!

The story takes place around a new minister who comes to town and the ladies of the church who decide to play matchmaker. The other stories are all well written as well as this one and you will find yourself drawn to the interesting story lines. The characters themselves will probably remind you of people you know or at least you will feel like they could be!

I liked the authors friendly writing style. I do think parts of the book could have been taken out and it would not have taken anything away from the story. That said, it was a fun story with memorable characters so I gave this book 4/5 stars.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment