Sunday, April 15, 2012

A great western with a bit of mystery and romance

Love on the Range is written by Jessica Nelson and published by Harlequin (Love Inspired).

Do you like westerns? What if the author threw in a little mystery and some romance too? If you like any of those three plots in a book you will enjoy this adventure set in the early 1900’s. Gracelyn Riley has been sent to her uncle’s house in a remote area of Oregon. While there she decides to do some research and write an article about a hero from the West call "Striker." One thing not on her agenda is to fall in love, but feelings for a certain rancher begin to surface! Rancher Trevor Cruz is not too excited about this new addition to the ranch. He is also not very happy to hear her asking so many questions about a person he is very close to and wants to protect, "Striker!

This was a very well written book. I enjoyed how Biblical principles were woven into the story. The spirituality of the characters helps the story line and you can see the characters change based on their spiritual growth. Although not overly spiritual it has just the right amount written to make this a Christian fiction book.

I liked the story itself and enjoyed how the main characters reacted to each other. I especially like the mystery of who Striker was as well as who robs Gracelyn. Even a kidnapping and poisoning takes place! This book held my attention till the end and concluded all the story lines. I gave this book 5/5 stars and would recommend it to anyone who wants an easy to read romance set in the west with a bit of mystery included!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.


No comments:

Post a Comment