Sunday, April 8, 2012

A great book with multiple story lines

The Last Plea Bargain is written by Randy Singer and Published by Tyndale House Publishers.

This book has a lot going on at once but the author writes well and draws all the stories together. This is my first book by Randy Singer and I really enjoyed the complex story lines. I have always enjoyed books about lawyers and this book did not disappoint!

The main character, Jamie Brock, is known for never offering a plea-bargain in any case she has worked on. This story follows her as she deals with the criminals in her jurisdiction rejecting all plea bargains offered and causing their cases to go to trial. This is too much for the court system to handle and many go free because of small mistakes made in their cases. There are other stories going on at the same time as this main one and because of that this book really reminded me of some of the popular television shows that are on right now. Stories within stories that are fast paced and all get solved or dealt with by the end.

The book was a very quick read as I easily read chapter after chapter. It was fast paced and I enjoyed the characters and how they were written to interact with each other. I can definitely say I will be reading all of Randy Singers’ books!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read


No comments:

Post a Comment