Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Review for a book about praying

Face-to-Face with Sarah, Rachel, and Hannah by Janet Thompson is a great devotional book when you need a refresher in how to pray!

A lot of studies I have done in the past start with a brief paragraph about salvation and how you can become a Christian. This book does an incredible job of presenting salvation and laying out the steps better then any devotional I have read. There is not just a one page explanation but rather a well thought out section that takes you step by step. You can not put this book down saying you have not heard the way to Christ!

This book is about prayer and how it can change our lives. You will better understand the way God answers prayer and how to become a better person while waiting for that answer. Do you make your prayer request conditional or are do you trust God with all your needs? Learning how to trust and not question is a theme throughout each chapter.

I found that the number of passages to look up in your Bible really made this book great! You will learn so much about the woman in this study by reading passages and answering the questions the author has written for you. Start this study prepared to open your Bible and learn from the scripture!

There are lots of help for leaders who want to use this book in a Bible study group. I would highly recommend it for ladies wanting to learn about prayer and grow in their spiritual journey.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment