Friday, February 3, 2012

Review for an Accidental Bride

It was just supposed to be a reenactment but the wedding turns out to be legal and the bride is in for a change of heart. The Accidental Bride, by Denise Hunter, is a book about second chances and learning to trust both others and your self.

Shay Brandenberger lives in Moose Creek, Montana and is struggling to make all her bills. She is a single Mom and is barely making enough money from her farm to keep food on the table for her daughter. She prays for help and it comes in the form of her high school sweetheart Travis McCoy. The memory of him leaving her alone on their supposed wedding day to chase after his dream of being a rodeo star is hard to forget. Travis, on the other hand, is ready for a second chance and a life with Shay and her daughter. Will their surprise marriage be annulled? Will Shay accept Travis’s monetary help to save her farm? Will they grow closer or further apart as time goes by? This is definitely an emotional story of two hearts finding each other again.

This is not like other Christian fiction romances I have read. There is mention of prayers and going to church but it is not a preachy book. The characters are very human and you can feel the tension and connection between them. The author is excellent at describing their emotions and makes the reactions to events in the story believable. I really enjoyed this book and finished it in one sitting because I wanted to know what would happen next!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment