Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mulitple Story Lines in this book by Kathy Herman

False Pretenses is book one in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou series written by Kathy Herman. Taking place in a small town in Louisiana the story is filled with suspense, friendships and a lesson in forgiveness all rolled in one.

It took me a bit to get into this book. The book contains a few story lines and they are all thrown at you at the beginning. I finally got an understanding of who the characters were and how they interacted about half way through the story. Once I understood what was happening and who was involved I enjoyed the story more.

Zoe and her husband Pierce own a restaurant but Zoe has a secret she is not ready to share. Once it becomes apparent that secret may be revealed, we see her character learn about consequences of our actions and true forgiveness. Along with this story is also the story of Vanessa and Ethan who have begun to restore a home in the hopes of making it a bed and breakfast. There is a mystery that goes along with this story and this part of the book was written well. Overall it is an interesting story about forgiveness with a little mystery thrown in.

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment