Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Great book for any working Christian

Made to Matter, written by Randy Kilgore, is a weekly devotional. The subtitle is Devotions for Working Christians and really describes what this book is all about.

I found the chapters to be short but filled with helpful information to use while working as a Christian in a non-Christian work environment. Using examples of people who have made a difference the author show us what it means to matter for Christ. We have to study Christ’s life and how he worked with people to see how we are supposed to work with others. Christ was always observant of those around him especially the lonely or those in need of help. How much do we look around to see those hurting around us and reach out to them in love or concern?

My favorite chapter was filled with questions. The questions all pertained to how you act on the job. Do you gossip, do you want to be there and even if the job you have is the right one for you? This chapter is a must read for everyone not sure of how to act or respond to others a work.

There is a section at the end of the book with relevant scripture references to help when your days are not going well. Whether you feel cheated or just need help in holding your tongue when someone speaks unkindly to you. These would be great to have posted in your work area to remind yourself how to act so others can see Christ in you! I found this book to be filled with helpful information and useful for any working Christian!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

I gave this book 5/5 stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment