Thursday, January 26, 2012

Do These Jeans Make Me Look Fat? My book review for today....

Do These Jeans Make Me Look Fat? An interesting title for an interesting book. Author, Jocelyn Hamsher, is trying to get you away from depending on others opinions to find peace about your bodies and instead look to your Creator.

Using examples from her life and stories from friends she walks us through the steps to stop comparing ourselves to what the world says is a worthy woman to what the Bible says is a worthy woman. Knowing who you are in Christ and what He expects of us while we live in these earthly bodies will lead you in the right direction. Waking up and looking up instead of in the mirror can really change your outlook for the day.

Not only does this book teach you about not comparing yourself to others but it also goes to great lengths to teach you how your body changes over the years. Citing numerous statistics and surveys you will learn much about how the woman’s body will change. You will better understand that getting older is not something you will do alone but is something you will have to accept! I liked the funny stories shared but also got a little discouraged by all the negative things that happen to your body. Of all the things shared there were really no solutions given except to just know the changes were coming and get mentally prepared for them.

Overall I thought the book was very educational as well as thoughtfully written. Even with taking my spirits down a bit with all the body aging information I still gave this book a 5/5 stars. I did this because the information shared is very informative and worth at least one read!

I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment